a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot..... //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  meta    On:  Thu 1st September, 2005 at 02:05
user206
#33  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  3 Sep '05 at 13:53

Originally posted by techmonkey

, you're an idiot if you restrict yourself to one set.

Exactly... Sometimes you want to ski, sometimes to board. It's like saying "nah no wine for me i will only every drink beer"

Blading is clearly a shandy.....
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#34  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  3 Sep '05 at 21:11

Originally posted by gadget

Blading is clearly a shandy.....

Half a shandy!
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#35  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  4 Sep '05 at 14:59

Originally posted by gadget

you're an idiot if you restrict yourself to one set.

It's like saying "nah no wine for me i will only every drink beer"

I don't like beer so it is only ever wine for me. Errmm, and vodka....oh and probably a few other things....

But then I swing both ways discipline-wise too.

So I guess snowblading is like beer to me...

PS Do kind of agree with Techers about the not particularly wanting to sit on your ar$e on the nursery slopes thing. I haven't skied in ages...really hope I haven't regressed back to the nursery slope stage. God, how awful would that be! Apparently it is like riding a bicycle though?
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
drifter
NFA
#36  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  4 Sep '05 at 15:46

Originally posted by Bags

I haven't skied in ages...really hope I haven't regressed back to the nursery slope stage. God, how awful would that be! Apparently it is like riding a bicycle though?

Oh dear - you really have forgotten a lot. Riding a bike is very different from skiing. Wheels and pedals for a start. Sounds like the nursery slope may be a bit advanced - they can probably teach you the difference at nursery school!
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#37  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  4 Sep '05 at 15:56

Originally posted by drifter

I haven't skied in ages...really hope I haven't regressed back to the nursery slope stage. God, how awful would that be! Apparently it is like riding a bicycle though?

Oh dear - you really have forgotten a lot. Riding a bike is very different from skiing. Wheels and pedals for a start. Sounds like the nursery slope may be a bit advanced - they can probably teach you the difference at nursery school!

*guffaw*

Thanks pratface.

In fact I should probably give it a miss entirely. In my head I'm still whooshing down black runs as in days of yore. Nursery slope shenanigans would be vastly detrimental to my self esteem.
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
user206
#39  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  4 Sep '05 at 17:07

In fact I should probably give it a miss entirely. In my head I'm still whooshing down black runs as in days of yore. Nursery slope shenanigans would be vastly detrimental to my self esteem.

Perhaps you'll find a tall, blond, ski instructor to help you out?

What are the chances? I wonder I wonder I wonder.

Seems Dubai are nicking them all though....
         Jump to Top
moj
#40  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  4 Sep '05 at 18:59

Originally posted by meta

One last question which has been puzzling me somewhat. There seems to be an un-spoken dispute between sticking to one or the other of the disciplines. I have always had the opinion that Snowboarders have a quarrel with Skiers and vice-versa.

Have you been talking to Foxy

It's all been said, but yeah the quarrel is pointless, expecially as over a season it's very unlikely all your friends will all[/b:d8304620d7] board or [b:d8304620d7]all ski. As a skier I have no problem riding with boarders and I'm determined to use my board more this season

[size=7:d8304620d7]
I even skied with a decent blader once.... ahem[/size:d8304620d7]

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#41  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  4 Sep '05 at 19:05

Perhaps you'll find a tall, blond, ski instructor to help you out?

What are the chances? I wonder I wonder I wonder.

About 99.9%.

Have to wait til February though.
         Jump to Top
meta
#43  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  5 Sep '05 at 18:50

Originally posted by

Yes, despite my more neutral stance last year I am now completely anti-blades and frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn.

I have never met anyone who likes blades. Having never tried them, my only question can be, what is this all about then? I had a friend who had some and left going out on them till the last day of the holiday having spent the entire week condemning himself to doom by stating that he would definitely come off and break his leg. Low and behold, the day came and he did. So I can but guess that they are high-risk for injuries. But surly there most be more substance to fuel their ever-damming disagreement with people. But what?
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#44  Re: a boot for a binding, a binding for a boot.....  5 Sep '05 at 19:07
If overtaking them they can turn very quickly so it is very difficult to tell what they are about to do, they could turn and you fly into them at any point. Annoying cos they need a wide berth.

They can turn easily and are kind of like little toy things so people generally go for the speed buzz on blades. They have very short edges and as a result very little control at high speed. Dangerous.

Generally used by people who haven't got the technique to ski so use an easier more dangerous thing to get the same results. Twats

Conclusion -> Dangerous twats that need a wide berth!

Also -> they dont seem to realise what knobs they are so they constantly wander round with a dumb grin on their face. For some reason this makes them even more annoying. Dont really know why.
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet