27 too old? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Miss_kitty27    On:  Tue 6th September, 2016 at 14:10
Miss_kitty27
#2  27 too old?  6 Sep '16 at 14:10
I have been researching into doing a season. I am hard working and don't have any dependants her in the UK. can anyone give me any advice and whether I've left it too late(being too old). Also what are the best jobs to go for to get appropriate experience to make it easier to find a job in the alps.

thanks
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: 27 too old?  6 Sep '16 at 16:59
Miss Kitty, Welcome to Natives.
TOO OLD!!!!!
Don't even dare think that,(says this 65 yr old about to embark on a USA ski season for the first time after 10 in Europe & 1 in Canada). Started at 54.
No of course your not and some TO's do actually look out for a more 'mature' person for various roles. You are leaving it a bit late for this season though. Most TO's start their recruitment before the end of the season by trying to keep good staff on. Then the start searching in May/June for new recruits, BUT, you may be in luck. There still seems to be quite a lot of vacancies still advertised here on Natives.
Main thing is can you demonstrate any of the most desirable skills TO's are looking for?
You a chef or nanny? Top roles that are the hardest for them all to fill. After that it's being able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, languages, German,Italian and French if you must. A track record in catering/management goes down well. Skiing ability for rep roles. Bar experience. If sending your CV off 'tailor' it to the role you want and make sure you put emphasis on those things they want to see.
As well as Natives, try Skijobs.com, Seasonaireweb, Swan recruitment.
Good luck and remember:-YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD
         Jump to Top
247snowman
Morzine
#4  Re: 27 too old?  9 Sep '16 at 16:05
In reply to Miss_kitty27 (Post #2)
Not too old. Loads of people will be doing there first season who are much older than you.

If you have any customer facing experience then getting a job in the Alps will be no prob.

Try Natives jobs search or ski-jobs.co.uk

also if you want to work in a specific resort then maybe google independant chalet businesses in that resort.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort