11 week courses and ski patrol in canada //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Evig_Vandrar    On:  Thu 10th September, 2015 at 08:51
Evig_Vandrar
#1  11 week courses and ski patrol in canada  10 Sep '15 at 08:51
hello everybody!
has any of you guys went on an 11 weeks ski/snowboard course in canada?
im trying to decide on a course provider, and very leaning towards the one that offers level1+ski patrol training, because it sounds very interesting - and maybe good for a job year long.
but
im also considering that level2 training is the key to start instructing AND, the amount of fun, the resort, the vibe, are all important when going away for a 3 month period

so if you can please drop a line about your course provider and expirience, how it was, where it was, and what did you end up doing
thanx shredders!
         Jump to Top
Evig_Vandrar
#2  Re: 11 week courses and ski patrol in canada  10 Sep '15 at 08:57
also wanted to mention, the course im thinking about signing in for right now, is with "the winter sports company" in panorama canada.
if you been on a course with 'em, please tell me how it was

and also, there's a lot of course providers with cool looking websites that promise the works, like "nonstopsnow" for example. i wanna hear about those who absolutely delivered on their promises!

take a minute
thanks ya'll
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: 11 week courses and ski patrol in canada  14 Sep '15 at 09:00
Hi There,

There are many companies offering these sort of courses. Have a good look around at ALL of them.

Panorama definitely is not a "party "resort. It has fairly limited ski area and is not a town at all, just a collection of apartment blocks with a few shops and bars.

If you are already a competent skier/boarder, look at the CSIA website and do their courses directly with them. The cost is MUCH LESS than using one of the commercial companies.

In my view the two best places to do these courses would be Whistler/Blackcombe or Canmore/Banff for Sunshine Village. Banff is a bit further away from Sunshine or Louise but will be cheaper for accommodation than Canmore. There are public and company buses that run from both to the ski hills. Good luck.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere