....more than a friend....?? //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  helsbels    On:  Mon 25th July, 2005 at 16:56
helsbels
Weston-super-Mare, (Winter 04/05- Lapland then Morzine - Esprit.)
#1  ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 16:56
just thought i'd pick your brains, i've recently been getting abit er... more than friendly with a guy who i've been friends with for ages and now i've got the age old dilema- do i risk the friendship and see what happens in loverville or stop it and behave and save the friendship?

well? what do u think???
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#3  Re: Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 16:58

Originally posted by helsbels

just thought i'd pick your brains, i've recently been getting abit er... more than friendly with a guy who i've been friends with for ages and now i've got the age old dilema- do i risk the friendship and see what happens in loverville or stop it and behave and save the friendship?

well? what do u think???

Well, my thought would be not to talk about us on here.
And I never said I fancied you...
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#4  Re: Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:00

well? what do u think???

Go 4 it - how do you know he isnt THE ONE!!! (eeeek - does he ski or board - if not, no go!!!!!!)
         Jump to Top
helsbels
#5  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:03
TM...hmmm, t'is rather tempting! but seen it go tits up so many times and i love going out with my 'crew' and i don't want it to go wrong or end up with me hurting him in any way coz i really love him to bits as a friend and i dont want him to get all awkward and stuff.
         Jump to Top
helsbels
#6  Re: Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:04

Originally posted by WTFH

well? what do u think???

Well, my thought would be not to talk about us on here.
And I never said I fancied you...

sh!t, must have got the wrong end of the stick! sorry foxy.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#7  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:05

TM...hmmm, t'is rather tempting! but seen it go tits up so many times and i love going out with my 'crew' and i don't want it to go wrong or end up with me hurting him in any way coz i really love him to bits as a friend and i dont want him to get all awkward and stuff.

Why not go out woth him, get extremely drunk, wake up next to him, and act all embarrassed, but then hint at "but it wasn't that bad"...
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#8  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:05
Is the friendship worth risking?

If something does happen lover-wise, you can never really go back to the friendship situation if/when the split occurs

Past experience (of myself and others - in resorts and back in the UK) would lead me to suggest that you stay as friends
         Jump to Top
helsbels
#9  Re: Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:07

Originally posted by rodent

Go 4 it - how do you know he isnt THE ONE!!! (eeeek - does he ski or board - if not, no go!!!!!!)

no i dont think he does. thats the other problem WHAT IF we get together everythings great then winter comes and i have to do the old classic 'boyfriend or season' thing?? sh!t.
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#10  Re: Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:07

Originally posted by rodent

no i dont think he does. thats the other problem WHAT IF we get together everythings great then winter comes and i have to do the old classic 'boyfriend or season' thing?? sh!t.

..because you know that the season would win in that scenario!
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#11  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:08
There's another forum where we have a "bad advice" section. All you are allowed to do is give out bad advice. In this situation, my suggestion would be:

Sleep with me, tell him, then ask him if he's jealous.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
helsbels
#12  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:11

Why not go out woth him, get extremely drunk, wake up next to him, and act all embarrassed, but then hint at "but it wasn't that bad"...

hows that gonna help?!?!?!? (apart for a night of drunken passion which is neer a bad thing!)
         Jump to Top
helsbels
#13  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:12

There's another forum where we have a "bad advice" section. All you are allowed to do is give out bad advice. In this situation, my suggestion would be:

Sleep with me, tell him, then ask him if he's jealous.

see my last response for that one too!!
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#14  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:13

Well Hels, I would imagine you'd be able to tell if 'warm feeling' is reciprocated. This is what differentiates us girls from silly men. So I suppose you should just ask yourself (and be honest! No overanalysing stuff that isn't there!) - "does he fancy me?" And if answer is resounding yes (sounds like it might be if you are considering this at all) then, as Techers said, hop on!

IMHO the only thing that differentiates boyfs from male mates is the overwhelming desire to do exactly that...so if you are friends anyway, it could be the start of something beautiful... When's the wedding!?
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
helsbels
#15  Re: Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:14

Originally posted by mickworld

..because you know that the season would win in that scenario!

yep, more than likely. why do we do it??! just see how much pain and heart ache we can inflict on ourselves??!!
         Jump to Top
helsbels
#16  Re: ....more than a friend....??  25 Jul '05 at 17:20
[quote="Bags"]

Well Hels, I would imagine you'd be able to tell if 'warm feeling' is reciprocated. This is what differentiates us girls from silly men. So I suppose you should just ask yourself (and be honest! No overanalysing stuff that isn't there!) - "does he fancy me?" And if answer is resounding yes (sounds like it might be if you are considering this at all) then, as Techers said, hop on!

IMHO the only thing that differentiates boyfs from male mates is the overwhelming desire to do exactly that...so if you are friends anyway, it could be the start of something beautiful... When's the wedding!?

warm feeling, yes. fancies me, yes i'm 99% sure of that one, overanalysing, probaly. whens the wedding? haha, one of our friends was askin the same thing last night!!
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet